Family Owned And Operated Since 2007
Insulation, Attic Ventilation, and Generators in Mendenhall, Jackson, Madison MS and Surrounding Areas
When it comes to comfort and efficiency, most homeowners focus exclusively on their HVAC equipment. While it’s important to purchase a quality air conditioner, heat pump or furnace, there are many other critical components that can make your comfort system complete.
Home Insulation Services
Insulation works hand in hand with your air conditioner to help keep your utility bills in check. The pros at Hux Air Conditioning provide complete insulation services for retrofit and new construction applications. Over time, blown-in insulation settles and loses its R-value. We can apply fresh fiberglass or cellulose to bring your insulation back up to current standards.
Insulation provides a variety of important benefits.
- Better Comfort: Insulation helps keep the indoor temperature comfortable and even in every room throughout your home.
- Lower Utility Costs: Insulation R-values that comply with Energy Star standards can save as much as 30 percent on annual heating and cooling costs.
- Reduced HVAC Repair Costs: Insulation lowers the load on your air conditioner so it runs fewer cycles while maintaining the same level of comfort. Your equipment will last longer and need fewer repairs.
In the summer, heat and humidity build-up in your attic, and high pressure pushes this thermal energy into the living area. This forces your air conditioner to work longer and harder to meet the thermostat call. A properly vented attic exhausts superheated air outdoors, which helps reduce attic temperatures so your HVAC equipment doesn’t have to work as hard. Ventilators help control the moisture that can accumulate and cause mold problems in your attic. While ventilation is critical, it’s important to have your attic assessed by an HVAC professional to ensure it receives the right amount of ventilation.
If you experience a power outage, a standby generator can save you a lot of time, money and stress. Every day we hear about new natural disasters, and there’s no part of the country that’s spared. Without an emergency power source, here are some of the things you might lose if catastrophe strikes.
- Air conditioning and heating service
- Food spoilage
- Internet, TV and cell phone charging service
- Pool pump, sump pump and power tool service
- Clothes washing and bathing
- Monetary loss due to dining out, lodging and property damage
A standby generator is a compact unit powered by natural gas and installed on a pad in your backyard. When the transfer switch detects a power blackout, it sends a signal to start the generator and begins to supply power to your chosen circuits. Once utility service is restored, the transfer switch instantly shuts the unit down and normal service resumes.
Call Us for all Your Comfort Needs
At Hux Air Conditioning, we provide services that go beyond heating and air conditioning because we want to make sure your family is healthy, safe and comfortable. Give us a call to learn more about our complete home comfort services.
As an HVAC provider since 2007, we have worked hard to provide homeowners in Mendenhall, Magee, Madison, Ridgeland, Florence, MS and the surrounding areas with flat-rate pricing, complimentary home energy inspections and the highest quality job satisfaction with customer service excellence.